I’m a collector of “wisdom””. I love it when I can find a phrase, a sentence, a story, particular grouping of words that reflect the experience of the writer, a perspective that can serve as an eye opener for me & maybe for others.
These “wisdom” items could be found embedded in reader’s comment and feedback, in articles, in books … anywhere over the internet. they could apply to any topic: history lessons, human nature, state foreign affairs .. etc.
Over the years, I have collected a lot of “wisdom” items, but I have not saved the links to the authors or the sources, as I think that a word once said then it belong to all Humanity & there are no copyrights for “wisdom”.
Do not ask me to define “ Wisdom”, I cannot & have not tried, but I am sure you know — as I do — what “wisdom” is even if we could not provide a precise Definition.
Here are a Few, that I hope you will think about & maybe learn something to raise you level of “wisdom”
- One must never judge a person by what he says but rather by his / her actions.
- Sea is common for all… Some take pearls, Some take fish, Some come out just with wet legs!
- Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is doing what you must do regardless of your fear.
- big dreams are fine but the reality of such things is often not quite as rosy as the theoretical bare bones of an ideal might lead you to believe.
- Only those with functioning brains are capable of grasping the obvious
- The early bird may get the worm, …… but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- Despite the cost of living,
…… have you noticed how POPULAR it remains?!
- It doesn’t matter how often a married man changes his job , he still ends up with the same boss .
- “We work, and work, and work, and spend all these hours working, yet it seems like nothing ever gets done.”
Perhaps if you spent less time “talking about” work and more time actually WORKING… something might get done.
- “If you owe the bank $100 and can’t pay, that’s your problem. If you owe the bank 100 million dollars and can’t pay, that’s the bank’s problem.”
- Austerity alone cannot deliver prosperity
- School teaches us that the precious metals are GOLD, SILVER and PLATINUM.
But life teaches us that they are really BRASS, LEAD and STEEL.
- Hosting the FIFA WC isn’t a profitable enterprise. Western locations bid expecting to break even given the economic activity generated. Non-western locations would never win if they bid in the same way. They therefore bid to make a loss. They are investing in their own country as a brand instead.
- Our perceptions, and therefore our experiences are based on our beliefs ……and yes indeed no two of us live in the same reality.
- Of course it also goes without saying that practising three times a week isn’t exactly going to provide a sturdy platform with which to survive; everyday is the starting point.
- Nothing like learning your job skills early in life.
- There is no psychological advantage better than having experience.
- It’s much, much easier to look good in clothes than to look good naked. So dim the lights down.
- When it comes to money, everyone is of the same religion.
- “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.”
- the rich are getting richer because they are not held to the same rules as everyone else.
- I Know That I Cannot Change The People Around Me, But I Also Know That I Can Change The People I Choose To Be Around!
- Fighting is dangerous. Your best defense is to stay away from trouble. Seriously. If you have ANY warning, the best physical defense is to run like hell, and THAT’S where you start training, because most people are so unfit they can’t make even running work for them.
never forget that the two best martial arts in the world are absence (not being in a dangerous place to begin with) and running really fast. Fighting should always be your last resort.
- Let’s be honest here, people are remembered by the events that were caused by or befell them. Brutus would have been a relatively small footnote in history had he not killed Caeser. Kennedy would be just another president had he not been assassinated.
- It is very stressful .. Doing nothing
- To whom much is given, much is expected.
- People are generally friendlier to beautiful people.
- The opposite of love is not hate,it’s indifference.
- Complaining has an ROI of zero. Always. Complaining is draining.
- Women on average show a higher interest in people and men in things.
- What is the difference between lying and lying by omission? Pretty much nothing.
- Skill is a bit like money: The only people who say it doesn’t matter are the ones who have it.
- The truth is often ugly, though, so it isn’t surprising that people would rather dismiss it than face it.
- Intelligence and common sense are two totally different things, and common sense has nothing to do with age.
- We are emotional beings that are occasionally rational, and not rational beings who are sometimes emotional.
- Sex is one of those topics we’re all constantly thinking about, reading about, and even acting out… but not necessarily talking about.
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- A psychopath will look at all people as objects that either hinder or enhance his agenda. Such person has no real empathy.
- Henry Ford’s observation , “Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
Learning comes in silence
- Not everyone can handle beauty, a good looking person might not care to grow up a good personality and will expect everyone to love them and accept them for their looks
- People generally have good intentions, but we all have biases which are invisible to us. Thankfully, open and honest discussion with those who disagree can highlight our blind spots and help us grow
- When I look within myself to honestly ask the question “why,” I find that most of my motivations come from a combination of pride in what I have learned and accomplished and a fear of what I don’t know.
- Those who seek power, fame, and fortune are in fact seeking Attention, in spite of how it is disguised
For them, poverty is the lack of attention as that is Failure
It is why it is so satisfying for the poor to see the rich and powerful fall
- People have affinities and desires with respect to what they work on.
If you don’t do your best at assigning tasks to the right people, they’ll become demotivated and their productivity will drop to just what they need to do to retain their job
- “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views…which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
- Five lessons we can learn from a Pencil,1) Everything you do will always leave a mark,
2) You can always correct the mistakes you make,
3) What is important in you is inside you,
4) In life you will undergo painful sharpening, which will make you a better pencil,
5) To be the best you must allow yourself to be held & guided by the hand that holds you.
Now, replace the pencil with YOURSELF and let Allah Guide you in your life.
- A dog thinks: My owners feed me, love me, provide me with a nice house, and take good care of me… They must be gods!
A cat thinks: My owners feed me, love me, provide me with a nice house and take good care of me… I must be a god!
- Success is never ending, failure is never final.
- It is always difficult to explain a negative result
- you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Seeing opportunity in crisis is the hall mark of a good manager.
- the better lessons are those learned in the aftermath of defeat.
- NOT acting has proved to be as consequential as acting. Yet, with poorer results .
- I cannot claim to know anything true if I don’t look over the fence from time to time.
- When everything’s coming your way,
…… you’re in the wrong lane and going the wrong way.
- Don’t make unnecessary jokes about others, bottom line!
I understand objective criticism. While sarcasm will make you popular and beloved amongst your kind only and anger so many others!
- it is wealth that gives the regime its legitimacy
- It serves no purpose to respond to hypothetical questions, as most probably it is a trap of some sort.
- The best way of keeping a secret is to pretend there isn’t one.
- Befriend the enemy’s enemy and aid them to overthrow the common enemy!
- As a final parting gift to the fools who aided his rise to power, he had them, one by one executed.
- The problem is the same in many countries where the ultra conservatives are the most motivated and yet the most uneducated and easily swayed to a narrow viewpoint.
- There are plenty of people happy to put fact and speculation together to make news.
- Ours is an age of “narrowcasting,” not broadcasting. People increasingly tune in to cable channels or websites that reinforce their views and ideologies.
- Throughout the night, panels of pundits who had told us with great confidence that this could never happen were telling us with equal certainty what would happen next.
- When setting out on a journey, do not seek advice from those who have never left home.
- Your smartphone already knows more about your life than your closest friends.
With every passing year, more of our lives will be measured, recorded, analysed and saved.